This post is just me clearing out my “scrapbook” folder of odds and ends collected from random perusals of the web. I do not know where some came from, but if I ever do I will add the necessary linkage and credit.
1. I expect there are many sad bananas on the internet. I sometimes draw a face on my fruit before eating it – I only ever do that at work.
2. Nice bit of design classic subversion…these days everyone subverts everything on the web, not one thing is sacred.
3. The pencil and charcoal drawing is by Laurie Lipton, and there are more impressive vignettes on her website. A little bit Gorey, a little bit Heath Robinson, a little bit Day of the Dead, they are big and detailed, and not very cheerful.
4. A talking point at tea parties – teacups from Etsy seller Vandalized Vintage, sort of appeals to my warped humoural sense, although plates reading “dirty bitch” seem a little old hat nowadays.
6. And here we have some hippies as photographed by Herve Gloaguen. They appear to have caught hippy rash, probably from too much free love, and communing. He seems to have photographed two competing coolists – Miles Davis and Andy Warhol – who IS the coolest of them all? Andy is seen working on bananas, perhaps for the Velvet Underground. Not sad, just indifferent.
7. And a touch of personal nostalgia. I still love retro Who. Everyone has their era. Some grew up without a Who at all, I started with flamboyant derring-do Pertwee, was very much in favour of wide-eyed otherworldy bohemian Tom Baker, and carried on watching the other actors intermittently as it all spiralled into disappointment and disappearance. I think I still have my UNIT badge from a weetabix packet somewhere.